Over the past few weeks, it was becoming more and more of a realization that our “honeymoon” Costa Rica adventure vacation was going to have to wait another year.
Did my heart break a little bit a lot? Yes. BUT—it helps to know that it doesn’t mean we won’t EVER go, it just means we can’t go in August as planned.
We have too many uncertainties, too many unknowns, that it would be simply irresponsible to use about $4,000 to go on the ultimate Costa Rica vacation. I like to travel in style. We don’t do vacations on budgets very well. (See Seattle).
This past week, we were also hit with a doozy. The good news is Eric made it to the second round of testing in Seattle. The bad news is we purchased his airfare yesterday–$404. If you recall, two weeks ago, we spent $358 for BOTH our flights. Now, we plopped down $404 for just one airfare. I blame it on Libya.
We’ll also have to get Eric a hotel for one night, transportation to and from the interview, food for the day, oh and a suit.
With no other option in sight, I raided our travel fund. Emptied out everything except for $100. And the sad part is it still looks like we might not make our under $1000 credit card goal for the month. C’est la vie. At least we had the funds to fall back on, right? Always gotta look at the bright side.
In the end, it will all be worth it if he gets the job. If he doesn’t get the job, well we’re out a few several hundred dollars and we still don’t have Costa Rica. No pressure, honey.
I mean, uh, no, wait, if he doesn’t get the job, that means it was a good experience, right? And just practice for all the other (FOUR!) fire tests and interviews coming up, right? Yup. But it doesn’t matter, because he will get the job. We’re all about optimism around here, aren’t we?
And some sacrifices are just worth it…