• polar ft4 blue

My Christmas Wish List

Every year, I have a hard time thinking about what I actually want for Christmas.

And let’s spare ourselves the need to boast about wanting a healthy family and keeping everyone safe and it’s the spirit of the season yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah, I’m talking about gifts, people.

Obviously, I want a safe and healthy family. Let’s forgo stating the obvious, right?

SO anyway, every year I have a hard time coming up with gifts I actually want–because for the most part, these days, I can afford to actually buy what I want, when I want.

Like recently, I bought a new drawer organizer at Costco made out of bamboo and it was only $10 and it seriously has brought me so much happiness.

But then there are those items that I like really want, but somehow have a hard time justifying spending the money on. For example, last year, I really really wanted an immersion blender. But I wasn’t sure how often I would use it, and so I couldn’t justify spending the money on one.

Well, I finally asked for one for Christmas last year, and I have used it so many times, I absolutely love it.

So these are the type of items that I end up requesting for Christmas and that is how I end up coming up with my Christmas Wish List–I just keep a list of items that I want but can’t justify purchasing for myself.

Nude Tieks: $195

nude tieks 300x151 My Christmas Wish List

This is gonna be my Christmas gift to myself, or from my husband (even though it all comes out of the same money pot). Last year, I got the black Tieks and I have worn them almost every day to work, plus on weekends. At $195, they are the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned, but have been worth every penny considering how fast I used to go through cheap black flats before.

On top of that, these shoes are super comfortable so I know I already want to expand my collection. I want the nude ones because I think they’d be great for summertime, and for my 30th birthday in April, I’m planning on splurging for the $295 snake hand-painted ones.

Christmas, and a milestone birthday is the only time I could justify such an extravagant purchase, right?

Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor- $70

polar ft4 blue 300x300 My Christmas Wish List

I have been really good this year about being consistent with my workouts. From barre to hot yoga to weight lifting and Orange Theory, I have been exercising consistently every week. But it’s hard to know how many calories I’m actually burning per workout (except at OrangeTheory, which keeps track of your calories for you). This heart rate monitor helps track your heart rate and lets you know how many calories you’re burning per session.

I think this is exactly what I need to take my fitness to the next level. I already splurged on a $20 pedometer in September and have been using it consistently, so I’m pretty sure I’ll be good about using the Polar FT4 consistently too.

Black Toms- $48

black toms 300x213 My Christmas Wish List

I wear my black Tieks almost every day to work, but every now and then I try to get away with wearing my Toms. Unfortunately, I have red Toms, which I love to wear with shorts in the summer, but for work outfits? It kinda doesn’t work so well.

I used to be one of those people that thought Toms were the ugliest shoes ever. But now that I have them, and that they’re so comfortable, they’ve definitely grown on me. I wear them pretty often and I’d love a black pair to be able to wear to work.

Stainless Steel Egg Poacher- $25

egg poacher 300x122 My Christmas Wish List

I love poached eggs but they’re a pain to make and if I’m being honest, they never come out right. I saw someone’s perfectly poached eggs on Facebook and asked them what their secret was. Lo and behold, they make egg poacher pans–who knew, right?

And now I want one.

ISI Easy Whip Dispenser- $37

isieasywhip My Christmas Wish ListThis is one of those products that I was SO close to buying for myself but in the end couldn’t justify the $37 price tag, plus the $17 cartridges needed.

This dispenser makes homemade whipped cream from a carton of heavy whip. Just pour and shake! The whipped cream lasts for up to two weeks, and no nasty chemicals added like all those store-bought whipped creams.

That’s what I really love about this thing. Eric and I love to indulge in hot chocolate over the holidays, and I’d love to top our hot chocolate with some chemical-free whipped cream (without having to make it from scratch and having it go bad in a day or two).

This item definitely fits the bill of something I’d love to have but can’t justify buying for myself.

MAC and Sephora Gift Cards

For the person that wants to buy me a gift (you know, because everybody loves me) but doesn’t really want to go shopping, I always offer a gift card option.

MAC and Sephora gift cards are my fave because I can never really justify the expensive cost of makeup.

And there’s my Christmas Wish List–what’s yours?

facebook My Christmas Wish Listtwitter My Christmas Wish Listpinterest My Christmas Wish Listgoogle My Christmas Wish Listlinkedin My Christmas Wish Listemail My Christmas Wish List

17 thoughts on “My Christmas Wish List

1. December 20, 2013 at 4:57 am

The Nude Tieks costs quite a lot! But as you said, it is worth the penny if you are comfortable wearing it in almost everyday of your life. $195 is never too much.

2. December 7, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Seems reasonable! Although I bought my HRM thinking I’d use it more but didn’t. Every once in awhile I’ll break it out. I’d like a new pair of Oakley sunglasses because mine are literally hanging by a thread. I’d also love to get a massage, and I’ll probably use any extra money to put in my travel fund to Iceland. My unrealistic wish list includes a whole new wardrobe, but that’s probably not going to happen.

3. December 5, 2013 at 11:11 am

Sephora gift cards will be perfect for me since most of my wish list consists of skin care and cosmetic products. I need a new pair of black flats too, but right now, I can’t afford that much for pair of flats now. Maybe later~^^

4. December 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I JUST got my first pair of Toms and also used to think they are ugly! I got pink sparkly ones – lol, perhaps not ideal for work either. Good thing I WFM ;-) I am not a HUGE fan of tieks, though a ton of clients and instructors at b9 love them (my sis included) – the nude are perfect!

5. December 4, 2013 at 9:17 am

Okay, I so need the black Tieks! I absolutely kill flats and I need a good pair.

*looks at Tiek website* Maybe I need several colors…

I’m asking for cash only this year. It’s just easier to transport home on the plane :)

6. December 4, 2013 at 8:00 am

Ooh, that whipped cream thing might be a perfect gift for my mother-in-law!

FYI, I have the Polar FT7 and loooove it. I’ve heard it’s basically the same as the FT4, except that (supposedly) the FT4 only stores the last 10 workouts, whereas the FT7 stores a lot (I can’t recall ever seeing any of my old ones disappear, but I also haven’t scrolled back that far in awhile). I think the FT7 also has a user-replaceable battery, and I did have to replace mine after about two years of (very consistent) use. Just some info in case you find it helpful! :-)

7. Kathy
    December 4, 2013 at 7:22 am

I really want a pair of black ballet flats, but all of them I’ve tried on has too much toe cleavage! :(

• December 4, 2013 at 8:36 am

these don’t have any toe cleavage but it is a big investment (for me, at least!) still, i love them

8. December 4, 2013 at 5:55 am

I did not know about egg poaching pans… they could come in very handy if you like making breakfast!

9. H
    December 4, 2013 at 4:47 am

there are lots of things that I really want but I just dont spend money on them, like clothing! so I opened a account in Pinterest and just pin what I like! :)) that is so stupid but it makes feel good!

• December 4, 2013 at 8:38 am

I rarely shop for clothes but there is this little shop at my church and they always have the cutest things, so that is where I get the majority of my stuff. Just one or two pieces every few months but it’s enough to feel like I’m keeping my wardrobe fresh–an I always get compliments on the clothes I buy there! weird

10. December 4, 2013 at 4:37 am

Oh I also want a HR monitor fot running!

11. December 4, 2013 at 4:37 am

I also really want a pair of black flats but I’m too cheap to spend $200 bucks..they’re cute though! I need a new winter coat, nothing too exciting but I think ill buy one (same pot $).

• December 4, 2013 at 8:39 am

The ones they have at Target look really similar and they’re not as big of an investment :) I could justify the purchase since I really do wear them like 4-5x a week