• baby

Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Blogger

A few weeks ago, I attended Baby Bloggy Boot Camp with my friend (who is actually pregnant). While the event did have a mom-vibe to it, overall there were some awesome tips and tricks about how to become a better blogger in general.
Here are some notes from the event you may find helpful on how to be a better blogger:
Types of Blog Posts to Write
  • “How to’s”
  • Solve a Problem, or Ask for Help with a Problem (Readers love to give advice!) : ie :My Finances Are Driving Me Crazy/ Ask for help with Purchase Decisions/ Challenge–will you join me in doing (insert challenge here)?
  • Resources: ie 5 Websites that Will Help You (insert goal here)
  • Commentary/Opinion: Why My Child Will Not Be Getting an Allowance
  • Share Adventere: ie I did (something crazy here) and survived!
Making Your Blog Appeal to Advertisers
  • Site must load in two seconds
  • Get rid of extra unneccesary plugins
  • Get authorship on Google plus
  • Link to other posts within first paragraph
  • Engage with brands you’re interested in on Twitter, create brand list to follow specific brands and tweet to them (occasionally, not annoyingly)
Improve Blog
  • Target three related keywords per post
  • Make your first 100 words matter, put keywords in first 100 words
  • Have one outbound link to your social media channels in each post
Google Plus
  • Post content on Google plus
  • “plus” other people’s posts
  • description for Google+
  • Updates need to be keyword rich on G+
  • Bio should be keyword rich

In addition to the great tips on blogging, I also received some awesome baby swag! For, you know, when that times comes...

Since I don’t have a baby of my own, I figured I’d at least give you the next best thing…

Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier  Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Blogger

In this photo, Bentley and I are modeling the NEW Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier! It’s so hot, it’s barely hit the market! B looks totally happy right?

liz lange maternity dress Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better BloggerI also received a Liz Lange maternity dress. I actually really liked this dress because it was long enough to actually cover my toes. I’m 5’7, and always have a hard time finding maxi dresses that go past my ankles. This was a medium and still had a couple of inches on the floor, so it should be perfect for when I have a bun in the oven.

Some other items I received include the Ergobaby Swaddler which I also modeled on B. I don’t think I did it right?

ergo baby swaddler Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Blogger

And the Ergobaby Wrap. I also got some Honest Company samples.

While I promise you that there is no bun in my oven yet, I can say that these items get me a little bit more excited for when that day finally does arrive.

This post is written by me on behalf of Liz Lange and Ergobaby.  Product was provided.
facebook Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Bloggertwitter Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Bloggerpinterest Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Bloggergoogle Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Bloggerlinkedin Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Bloggeremail Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Blogger

13 thoughts on “Baby Blog Boot Camp: How to Be a Better Blogger

1. April 15, 2014 at 7:23 am

I love that you put Bentley in that! Oh my Goodness….cute!

2. April 10, 2014 at 6:18 am

I guess if you are planning on having kids that maternity and baby gear will come in handy someday! I love going to blogging events because they do help me become a better blogger, even if they don’t exactly match my niche. I am always interested in growing and learning. Thanks for sharing your take-aways!

3. April 8, 2014 at 11:58 am

hahaha I love the pic with the dog in the ergo baby! If I did that, maybe mine would injure himself less… then again he also weights 65 lbs!

4. April 7, 2014 at 10:32 am

Hahaha so funny! I have a Beco carrier (similar to Ergo) and it is, hands down, one of the best investments I’ve ever made. Super jealous you get one free!

How do you manage free baby stuff with no kid?!

5. April 4, 2014 at 3:51 pm

OMFG your poor dog!! LOL! I still don’t get google authorship. Well frankly aside from searching for stuff, google just confuses the hell out of me with all their tools! :)

6. April 4, 2014 at 11:54 am

I wasn’t able to figure out from the picture what the heck you were holding in front of you. Lol, that’s so funny you tried the baby carrier with your dog :-)

That’s a good tip about having your outside links in the first 100 words – I hadn’t heard that one before.

7. Liz
    April 4, 2014 at 6:21 am

Wow you have no idea how useful these tips are!!! Thank you for posting. I am definitely going to implement a few of these suggestions like authorship this weekend.

8. April 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm

You got baby items already. That’s great. Well…maybe not for the dog! I’m 5’7″ too and I feel like Maxi’s hit me just where I want them too. I’ve only tried on one or two that seemed to short. I’m still not on google plus. I don’t think I’m going to either.

9. April 2, 2014 at 11:28 am

Haha, indeed, I am surprised Bentley was so passive! Havent seen any dog outside miniature ones that would allow you to carry them up. Really cute. Both of you! And great tips too, thanks for sharing!

10. April 2, 2014 at 8:19 am

Your dog is such a good sport! Even if I could pick Geronimo up, there’s no way he’d let me put him in an Ergo!

11. Emily
    April 2, 2014 at 5:59 am

Jealous of your Ergobaby 360! lol. The wrap they have is AMAZING. So much better than any other one I’ve tried. Great stuff for when the time comes or you end up giving the coolest baby shower gift around!