- Instead of making monthly payments to my mom for car insurance, we decided to pay it in full! One less monthly bill! (as an aside—how many of you are still on your parents’ car insurance? Eric and I both are! It’s so much cheaper!)
- We spent less than $100 on entertainment!
- It looks like my dream of actually going on a honeymoon this year may happen after all…we shall see if we keep saving as much as we have!
- Because we paid my car insurance in full, and because we also paid for a professional photography session in advance, we ended up taking $750 out of savings, meaning we only contributed $636.78 this month. Considering we contributed over $2,000 in April, I’m not that upset about it.
- We spent almost $600 on groceries this month. $600!!! I am attributing this to a new diet Eric and I started. More on this to come.
- We still spent more money this month than we brought in, by about $200. There was one day Eric needed to call in sick for work and it brought our income down a good chunk since he works 24-hour shifts, not just regular 8-hours like us normal folk.
- Reduce our grocery spending back down to $350 or less.
- Spend less money than what we bring in.
- Find an extra $200 in the budget so I can buy some new clothes. Haven’t bought anything for myself in such a long time, and I seriously need some clothes.
- Get to over 90% of our $8,000 Aug. 15 savings goal! SO CLOSE!
How are your budgets doing lately? Expecting any curveballs with summer around the corner? Any expensive vacations?