- Grad school has started. The first few days, I was all “This is so easy!” A week later, I’m all “uh, what?” I have to re-read my reading assignments like three times in order to understand what the heck it’s talking about. If I disappear for weeks at a time, you now know why.
- Housing prices are going up again (at least in our area). Eric and I are wondering whether we’ll be priced out if we don’t take action soon–which I think is the completely wrong reason for buying a home. Plus, what if it’s just another bubble? We still have to save for a down payment so it’s not like this is a real possibility right now, but we have conversations. And even the conversations freak me out because huge financial decisions cause me stress.
- Of course, buying a home will be a much more real possibility when Eric lands his firefighter job. There have been things that I haven’t talked about in the blog because of the whole counting your chickens before they hatch thing, but I still fully believe that 2013 will be the year.
- Speaking of work, there are currently eight positions open where Eric works, which has resulted in Eric getting held at work and staying there for four days straight, getting to come home for one day, and then going back for another four-day shift. After about a month of this, he finally came down with something and now I’ve had him home for a whole week! It’s been nice and I’ve enjoyed not being alone anymore.
- Our finances are doing their thing. We’re doing well. We have yet to file our taxes but I’m hoping this will be taken care of within the next few weeks.
- Now that our finances are on autopilot, I find that I don’t have much to blog about. We’re not as broke anymore–but still paying down debt and saving money.
- Need financial advice? Email me at newlyweds on a budget at gmail and I’ll give you my totally non-professional but very-experienced opinion. This could be fun.
- Gratuitous photo shot: If I’m not eating, sleeping, working or studying, you’ll find me playing Scramble. I’m addicted. Play me: username–> Bentley4eva
Join our newsletter
Get the latest content straight to your inbox.