A poor girl’s version of “redecorating”

The move will begin in 4 days. Be prepared for some crazy before and after photos! Because this is the poor girl’s version of a makeover.

This is our apartment NOW.

We’re talking 655 square feet of mismatched furniture, crowded into a tiny little space.

No matter how hard I try, it always looks messy because we have too much stuff for this small awkward space.

And this is our future home.

Well, you get the idea. It’s a much more square space, making it easier to arrange furniture!

Look at all that natural sunlight!

The kitchen looks like it’s from the 1950’s! We’re going to be so domestic!

The closet is the door on the left (it definitely needs some work…I don’t know where Eric is going to put his clothes, because mine will barely fit in there…)

The bathroom is the door on the right, which is also really small, BUT when your rent is $300 cheaper than what you’re currently paying, you learn to work with what you’ve got, right?

The bedroom is upstairs in a loft area.

I like that it’s a much more square space, and I hope we’ll be able to make it more home-y!

16 thoughts on “A poor girl’s version of “redecorating”

1. May 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Decent a person. I have got came as well as twittered this kind of designed for my guys. My girlftriend will like analyzing furthermore, it.

2. November 13, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I was just analyzing your site it is very well written, I am looking around on the net trying to find out the best way to begin this weblog thing and your website definitely is really high quality.

3. September 28, 2010 at 8:43 am

OMG I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN! 🙂

4. September 26, 2010 at 6:43 am

Super cute! I love it!

5. September 25, 2010 at 2:34 pm

THE BOY and I are looking for a place to start out our wedded life, and its ROUGH to find something decent. I am SUPER jealous of your loft bedroom!

I cant wait to see what it ends up like

6. September 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Your new place is sooo cute! It’s going to be really fun to decorate and your white furniture will look awesome in there (and help to balance out the wall colours!) I can’t wait to see what it looks like when you’re done! My place is pretty small too, so I’ve gotten some new furniture pieces with storage in them (coffee table you can put stuff in, and a cabinet) and it’s helped a LOT for all the extra stuff you don’t think about- like magazines and extra blankets/pillows etc.

7. j
    September 24, 2010 at 12:04 pm

that kitchen is fabulous! mine is even smaller than that, but i wouldn’t mind it if it looked anything like that. love the colors and everything. good luck with redecorating… and if you have too much furniture, you can always sell it on craigslist for some extra money! (:

8. September 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

It’s totally ridiculously cute! Can’t wait to see how it looks with stuff in it!

9. September 24, 2010 at 8:54 am

Excited to see the changes! It’s a super cute space with tons of potential!!!