Thanks to our Amex, we were able to use $500 worth of points for my 30th birthday trip to Cabo, bringing our trip total from $2,000 to $1,500—not bad for an all-inclusive hotel and airfare combined.
It took us one year to accumulate these points so we’re pretty happy since we only use our credit card rewards to help offset our love of travel.
As an American Express cardholder, I also have access to a card member benefit called Amex Offers. These offers are tailored to each individual card holder based on where they’ve shopped in the past. Offers that I currently have access to include:
- $5 back iTunes when you spend $5 (so yes, free songs!)
- $10 back on Crate & Barrel
- $10 back on Lowe’s
- $10 back on Teavana
All I have to do is save which offers I’d like to take advantage of—think of it as the virtual “clipping a coupon” stage but without the hassle of searching for your scissors that never seem to be in the place where you last left them. With Amex Offers, just hit the “Save Offer” button and you’re golden.
There are over 15 offers that I currently have access to and Amex has more than $15 million in savings available to card members.
You can save offers directly from your online Amex account or from your social media accounts, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. The offers show up as statement credits.
So yes, as I write this post, I totally just went on iTunes and bought Beyonce’s latest “Drunk in Love” single because that was my Cabo theme song. With a $5 statement credit as part of Amex Offers, I was able to buy four songs for 16 cents.
You can take advantage of Amex offers too.
One lucky Newlyweds on a Budget reader will win a $100.00 AmericanExpress® GiftCard. All you have to do is leave a comment by answering the question: What do you like most about Amex offers?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#AmexOffers” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/5-5/31
Be sure to visit the Amex Offers brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!