How I make extra money: February 2012

sidehustle copy 300x150 How I make extra money: February 2012

Every month, I keep track of how I make extra money. My goal for 2012 is to make $2,500 in side hustle income so we can finally go on a honeymoon and also attend our friend’s wedding in Cancun in October.

In January 2012, I made $515.41
In February 2012, I made $891.34!

How I made extra money in February:

Blog Advertising: $802.40
Staff Writing: $80
Mystery Shopping: $152.08
Surveys: $3
Work Expense Check: $44.96

TOTAL: $1082.44
Minus Mystery Shop and Blog fees: $191.11
NET TOTAL: $891.34

Year to Date total in Side Hustle Income: $1406.75
Total Travel Fund: $3045.23!

Regarding mystery shop fees, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I get reimbursed for certain purchases or for restaurant evaluations, but I have to pay upfront first. The good thing is that I can deduct the money from our travel fund, knowing I will be reimbursed in a month or two.

I am SO happy that we’ve been able to save so much money for our trips. I definitely think we’ll be able to take our honeymoon this year–as long as we purchase travel insurance to cover us in case of Eric’s crazy work schedule.

I don’t know how long my success in making extra money will last, but beginning next month, I plan to put any money over $500 toward paying off my student loans.

My goal is to continue to bring in at least $500 a month in extra side hustle income. Let’s hope the streak continues!

Did you make any extra money in February?

facebook How I make extra money: February 2012twitter How I make extra money: February 2012pinterest How I make extra money: February 2012google How I make extra money: February 2012linkedin How I make extra money: February 2012email How I make extra money: February 2012

15 thoughts on “How I make extra money: February 2012

1. December 5, 2013 at 11:40 am

Article writing is also a excitement, if you know after that you
    can write or else it is complex to write.

2. Amanda
    March 4, 2012 at 8:28 am

Awesome!!!! Extra $$ is the best!

3. March 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Great job on the side income! Needless to say you’ll be reaching the $2,500 goal well before end of year!

4. March 3, 2012 at 4:36 am

Congratulations. This is a very good example of how we can generate savings by using multiple and small actions. We must promote a culture of savings.

5. March 1, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Good job with the side hustle. Keep it up!

How did you make $150 in mystery shopping?? I have mystery shopped in the past and made about $75 max in a month. $150 is a good amount mystery shopping.

6. March 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Those earnings are amazing! I think I only made about $20 last month (between Fiverr and Adsense). Nice work!

7. March 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Woo hoo! You are going to have to set new goals, because you are blowing past your initial standards. I’m curious if you thought the $3 you made doing surveys was worth your time, though, given your other (more profitable) sources of extra money?

8. March 1, 2012 at 3:19 pm

This is awesome!! Congrats!
    How do you make $ in advertising? I haven’t had any luck with that.

9. March 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

Great side income! Can you break down your blog advertising more? I’m curious what you find to be the most lucrative.

10. March 1, 2012 at 6:35 am

Wow you are doing great! I’m super jealous of your blog advertising amount.