Everyone knows that I am committed to saving money, especially when it comes to basic needs, like groceries and gas. In my opinion, the more money saved on the mundane stuff, the more money you can spend on the fun stuff.
For several months now, I’ve been a part of the Fuel Rewards Network™ program – or FRN™, a free savings program available at your local Shell station that lets you earn rewards on everyday purchases. The best part of this program is that it is super easy to earn rewards.
- Sign up for the card either online or at your local participating Shell station.
- Earn 5¢/gal for every $50 spent at more than 700 brand name online merchants
- Earn 10¢/gal for every $50 spent at more than 10,000 participating dining locations.
- (All of the above is according to fuelrewards.com on 5/6/13.)
- When it’s time to pump gas, insert your FRN Card first to lower the price and take advantage of the savings you’ve earned. See? Super easy.
What makes it even easier is that you don’t need to show the FRN Card when making purchases at participating dining locations. By registering your credit and debit cards that you would normally use to make a purchase, the FRN Card keeps track of the rewards you earn.
If you’re thinking that five or ten cents off a gallon of gas isn’t worth it, let me share with you how much I’m actually saving. Because you can actually combine multiple rewards offers (ie. cents per gallon rewards), you can earn big savings per the gallon. On average, I’ve been saving almost 30¢ a gallon. 30¢ a gallon! I don’t know where you are from, but a gallon of gas is running about $4 in Southern California—on a good day. Chipping off 30¢ a gallon reduces my overall fill-up costs by almost $4 each and every time. With an average of six to eight fill-ups a month between my husband and I, we’re saving almost $30 a month on gas, or $360 a year—and we’re not doing anything different! That’s called “free money” in my book, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t let free money just run away.
What helps me visualize my actual savings even more is that every month I take the money that I saved on gas by using my FRN card, and transfer it to our home down payment fund. Every little bit helps us reach our goal faster! Since its launch in 2012, the FRN program has helped customers save approximately $68 million at Shell stations. That’s no chump change.
Through June 2, BlogHer is offering a $100 Shell Gift Card to one lucky Newlyweds on a Budget reader. Don’t forget to sign up for the Fuel Rewards Network program online and become a fan of FRN on Facebook.
How would you benefit from the Fuel Rewards Network program? Enter to win a $100 Shell Gift Card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry” and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/6/2013-6/2/2013.
Be sure to visit the Fuel Rewards Network program page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!