I’ve been dreading writing an update on the weight loss journey (you can read past posts here and here) because I didn’t lose any weight in February. I also wish I could blame it all on the good food I ate in Seattle (I mean, really, who diets on vacation?), but truthfully, I hadn’t really lost any weight before that either.
I want to believe that it’s because I’m gaining a whole bunch of muscle and this is why the scale hasn’t budged. But I’ve been stagnant for about 6 weeks.
I know you all may be thinking that I’m really cheating all the time or perhaps I’m not working out enough or hard enough. But I swear I break a really big sweat every time I hit the gym. (see proof above)
And there’s so much confusing information out there. Some places tell me I need to stick to 1200 calories a day. Then others tell me no less than 1500 or else I’m just losing muscle.
And you know how weekends are my weakness, right? Well, this past weekend I tried really hard to just eat normal, rather than overindulge. Although Sunday I did go to brunch with the family and pigged out, but it was my only meal for the entire day! I know that’s not healthy, but cut me some slack okay?
For March, my friend and I signed up for an unlimited boot camp for $17 thanks to one of those deal sites. We’ve been going to the 6 am class almost every weekday morning, and I even ran on Saturday too!
Here is a typical day’s worth of meals for me right now:
- 200 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
- 100 1 cup fat free milk or greek yogurt
- 60 2 tablespoons flax seed (Dr. Oz’ orders)
- 120 1 banana
- 90 Whey protein (I eat half of the whey shake before and half after my workout, same with the banana)
- 300 2 cups Chicken Pot Pie Soup (minus the chicken or potatoes, basically just a bunch of veggies, but it’s soooo good) or Baked Potato soup (minus the bacon and skim on the cheese)
- 300 Apple with 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 200 carrots and 2 tablespoons hummus
- 300 Chicken and veggies, or fish and veggies, or soup
TOTAL CALORIES: 1350-1500
Weight goals for this month:
- Work out at least 20 times (or 5x a week)
- Do not overindulge on weekends! Come on Erika, you can do this!
- Fit into my jeans comfortably by the end of the month for our one-year anniversary pics! (this means losing at least 5 pounds…I’m already behind so we’ll see…)
How is your weight loss going? Any tips?