I’ve been meaning to get to an October 2011 Budget Recap, but it looks pretty much like September’s Budget. Meaning, we’ve been doing really good about staying within our budget, and not going above our means.
October Goals (Recap)
- Save at least $1,000 for the Costa Rica fund (this is a separate travel fund)– I had to pay off the $487.68 I spent for our flights, bringing our Travel Fund to a little under $900. I also found out it’s gonna cost $300 just to change the flights, and then we’ll have to pay anything additional for the difference in cost of the new flight. So much for a good deal, huh? I don’t want to think about it, I’m still licking my wounds. I emailed American Airlines to see if there was any way they could at least waive the fee…but it was a no-go. Hey, I tried.
- Keep regular savings at $5,000–check
- Pay off Eric’s car insurance–check
- Pay off my car insurance–check
- Continue to work on losing the Newlywed 15 (down 12, 6 more to go!)–made no progress on this, but I’m thinking November will be good because of Meraki Barre)
- I have no goals this month except one–For Eric to try and figure out a way to start his new job while still completing his academy. We found out today that there is a three-day overlap, and because the first three weeks of his new job are on-site training with about 20 other guys, there’s no way he can miss it or start later. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out, and we don’t lose the $4,000 investment we made on this academy.
Finding extra income
This month, I really focused hard on making extra income in other ways so that we could fund our Costa Rica trip. Even though that’s no longer happening, we will go somewhere some day. But until that day comes, I’m funneling all the extra income into our travel fund:
November Extra Income: $346!
Not too shabby : ) The majority of my mystery shopping checks are coming in November, so I’m really looking forward to it!
Where do you make your extra income?
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.