Finding extra income

I’ve been meaning to get to an October 2011 Budget Recap, but it looks pretty much like September’s Budget. Meaning, we’ve been doing really good about staying within our budget, and not going above our means.

October Goals (Recap)

• Save at least $1,000 for the Costa Rica fund (this is a separate travel fund)– I had to pay off the $487.68 I spent for our flights, bringing our Travel Fund to a little under $900. I also found out it’s gonna cost $300 just to change the flights, and then we’ll have to pay anything additional for the difference in cost of the new flight. So much for a good deal, huh? I don’t want to think about it, I’m still licking my wounds. I emailed American Airlines to see if there was any way they could at least waive the fee…but it was a no-go. Hey, I tried.
  • Keep regular savings at $5,000–check
  • Pay off Eric’s car insurance–check
  • Pay off my car insurance–check
  • Continue to work on losing the Newlywed 15 (down 12, 6 more to go!)–made no progress on this, but I’m thinking November will be good because of Meraki Barre)

November Goals

• I have no goals this month except one–For Eric to try and figure out a way to start his new job while still completing his academy. We found out today that there is a three-day overlap, and because the first three weeks of his new job are on-site training with about 20 other guys, there’s no way he can miss it or start later. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out, and we don’t lose the $4,000 investment we made on this academy.

Finding extra income

This month, I really focused hard on making extra income in other ways so that we could fund our Costa Rica trip. Even though that’s no longer happening, we will go somewhere some day. But until that day comes, I’m funneling all the extra income into our travel fund:

$100 Babysitting
$135 Garage Sale (after we each kept $20 for ourselves)
$6 Surveys
$75 Blog Advertising
$30 Mystery Shopping

November Extra Income: $346!
Not too shabby : ) The majority of my mystery shopping checks are coming in November, so I’m really looking forward to it!

Where do you make your extra income?

facebook Finding extra income twitter Finding extra income pinterest Finding extra income google Finding extra income linkedin Finding extra income email Finding extra income

14 thoughts on “Finding extra income

1. November 23, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I earn my extra income through my Pampered Chef Business! The Pampered Chef Business opportunity is a GREAT way to earn extra income… by doing one cooking show a week you can bring in an extra $400 a month!

2. kim
    November 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I love new photo!

3. Elyse
    November 11, 2011 at 8:46 am

If you buy anything online make sure to
    Check through ebates.com !!! They give you cash back for online purchases! You can read all about it on their site but I love (!!!) seeing the cash back accumulate. They send out your check from your purchases about 4 times a year so it’s fun to get a little gift in the mail :)

4. November 11, 2011 at 6:21 am

Nice job on the extra income! I will be praying for you guys to figure out something with Eric and his new job and academy being at the same time.

5. November 9, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Good job on the extra income!

6. November 9, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I’m horrible at the extra income thing because I’m too lazy after my 40 hour work week, BUT I’m really good at returning stuff I bought (that can be extra income, right?) and I ALWAYS try to find a coupon before I buy something. Particularly online. That usually saves me between $1 – $5 at at time. So I guess that counts?

7. November 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Wow that extra income really does add up doesn’t it! That’s so fantastic! Good for you!

8. November 9, 2011 at 10:57 am

What survey website do you use? I’ve been using Pinecone Research, which pays $3 per survey, but they’ve gotten a little skimpy with the surveys lately.

If you have the time, you could try Avon, something like that. I used to sell Avon and I just found it was too much of a time commitment since I’m working and in school too.

-Claire

9. Heather @ Work At Home Market
    November 9, 2011 at 9:06 am

Love the extra income ideas!! Way to go!

10. November 9, 2011 at 8:54 am

That’s awesome! Have you considered Mary Kay as an extra income? I know it has sort of a stigma attached, but they’re running a special right now where you can get started for $75 (instead of $100) and their products are actually affordable and quality, in my opinion. I’d be happy to talk to you honestly about my experience with it if you’re interested!

11. November 9, 2011 at 7:51 am

Woohoo! That’s awesome extra income. I just joined Blogher, so I’m getting a few pennies off of blog ads, too.

12. November 9, 2011 at 7:06 am

I love this blog! I just found you through Girl with the Red Balloon and I have to say I’m so encouraged. My husband is in school as well and it’s so great to hear your ideas of how to make extra money when your living off of one income (mine as well :)). This is a great perspective and I’m glad that someone else sees the perks of babysitting. I certainly love the extra cash!

13. November 9, 2011 at 6:53 am

Nice job on the weight loss friend!! You are doing awesome! And I know Meraki Barre will help too, of COURSE. You are doing great with extra income too, that’s crazy good!