So I think I need to reevaluate my goals…

I think I made my goals too easy for the year because we’ve already completed a huge chunk.

1. Pay off credit card debt.

We’re on track to pay this off by April 1. Hoping the move doesn’t put a wrench in our plans.

2. Contribute full company match to 401K.

Done! I contribute 3%, my employer contributes 3%.

3. Open Roth IRAs.

We opened them and put in $100 each account. We had an entire savings plan for 2012 that has kinda gone out the window, thanks to the move. But we still don’t regret getting our new place.

4. Get eye surgery.

I haven’t mentioned it, but I totally got eye surgery about three weeks ago! I hope to do a review soon. I LOVE being able to see clearly and not fuss with contacts!

5. Move out of the shack.

Woot! Woot! We’re moving out on Feb. 18th!

6. Pay off at least one student loan.

I am positive this will happen by the end of the year.

7. Make $2,500 in side hustle income.

I am on track to make $2,500. I made $515 net in January!

8. Go on a honeymoon.

I am still planning on going on a honeymoon. At this point, I think Eric’s crazy unknown future regarding work may be as much as of an impediment as our uncertain finances. He’s applying for fire departments ALL the time so we just don’t know where he’ll be job-wise in a few months from now.  Obviously firefighter job > honeymoon, but seriously can’t we have both?

9. Save $10,000

This probably won’t happen. If we were still living in the shack, this would be no problem. But now, with our new rent payment, I just don’t see any way we could make it happen unless either Eric or I suddenly got a $1,000 a month raise (uh, yeah that’s not gonna happen).

10. Continue growing the blog

My little blog is still going strong. Thank you ALL for reading!

11. Eat healthy, lose weight, start running again

Well, I started the 10 pound challenge and I signed up for a half marathon. I am losing weight slowly, but surely. But it’s hard. Everything is hard. Running is hard. I feel like I’m pushing myself every step of the way. I still have no idea how I’m going to make it to 13.1 miles but I already paid for that damn race so you better believe I’m going to do it!

12. Be nicer to the husband

Eric has been amazing this month with really making a concentrated effort to help around the house more. I appreciate it so much, and it makes me less resentful, which in turn makes me nicer : D

My January Goals were:

• Lose 8 pounds from Jan. 1st weight (already down 2! I know there’s a lot of water weight…) FAIL. I lost 7 pounds (3.1 since the 10 pound challenge started) but it was close!
  • Get at least 25 bloggers to participate in 10-Pound Challenge SCORE! We have 87 participants!
  • run 3x a week CHECK! It’s been tough but I did it!
  • spin 1-2x a week FAIL. I think I only did it once this month.
  • Reach 200,000 Alexa rating Woo-hoo! I am currently under the 130,000 mark!
  • Make at least $400 in extra income Yup, I brought in $515 net!
  • Pay $750 toward Credit Card #1 I am counting this a win because we paid $700, and we’re still on track to pay it off.
  • Pay off Amex credit card Finally paid off Christmas presents!
  • Keep monthly extra expenses under $500 TOTAL FAIL

I completed 6 out of 9, not too shabby!

How are your New Year’s Resolutions going?

facebook So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...twitter So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...pinterest So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...google So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...linkedin So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...email So I think I need to reevaluate my goals...

32 thoughts on “So I think I need to reevaluate my goals…

1. February 29, 2012 at 4:52 pm

6 out of 9 = awesome!

I haven’t slept with Best Boy so I’ve stuck to my resolution. I gave up gossiping for Lent. That’s been so tough, but I’m doing it. xoxo

2. February 18, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Way to go on crushing most of your goals! Can’t believe it is midway through February all ready….

3. February 10, 2012 at 10:35 am

You are doing GREAT on your goals! And congrats on eye surgery! Did you save up for it and pay it in full? I had mine on 0% interest and finally paid it off in December! It’s awesome!

4. February 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Wow! You are moving forward FAST. I can’t even see you. You are so ahead of me! :) Terrific progress!

5. February 9, 2012 at 10:51 am

Congrats on a job well-done! Just imagine the amazing re-cap you’re going to have at the end of the year and keep moving forward! :)

6. Kim
    February 9, 2012 at 8:28 am

I adopted your #10. My husband, like yours, was not exactly good about money when we married. Now he’s much better, but some of the negativity (or “I know better than you”) is still around, and I intend to squash it this year. I like how you also write a little bit about your relationship since they’re part & parcel!

• kim
      February 9, 2012 at 8:29 am

Geez I meant #12!!!! And way to go on crushing it!

7. February 9, 2012 at 1:39 am

You are a machine!!

Did you post on your surgery? Did you save for that separately?

8. February 8, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I crack up everytime I see ‘be nicer to the husband’ as part of your goals.

You destroyed your goals last months.

Ps. Spin class=pain

9. February 8, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Wow! Great work! And don’t worry about the half marathon, you’ve totally got it! I just finished mine, it was hard, but it was awesome! Are you following a training plan?

10. February 8, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Wow, you are doing great wit your goals. And you got eye surgery!! Oh my gosh I want this sooo bad!! Congrats =)

11. February 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Nothing wrong with attainable (or too easy) goals in my book.

Good luck with your move. Will you be sad to say goodbye to the Love Shack? Haha – probably not!

12. February 8, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Hi Erika: YOU’VE BEEN TAGGED – check out my post today!

13. February 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I’d love to get that surgery. I’m blind as a bat and spending the money just seems like SO MUCH. Never mind I actually have the money to do it in the bank. Funny, one of my goals is to be nicer to my hubby too. He’s a good guy and I just want to be as good as I can for him. Your job has 401k match! Awesome. Mine doesn’t. I’m 403b. Boo. Hope you get that honeymoon!

14. February 8, 2012 at 11:38 am

Great job on your goals so far! I’m sad to say that I haven’t made progress on mine. I need to get my butt in gear! I’m so happy you guys found a new place. It sounds great :-) Keep up the good work.

15. February 8, 2012 at 7:32 am

You are just too awesome for your goals. Obviously.

16. Meghan B.
    February 8, 2012 at 7:29 am

I’d love to hear more info on how you opened your Roth. I am trying to figure it out and feel super overwhelmed! I don’t know where to start!

• February 8, 2012 at 7:51 am

We did it through ING direct. we didn’t even have to put any money in initially. Then we can just contribute whenever. I also started off very small, and just sort of did their plan with an agressive approach –where the ypick the stocks for you based on how long you have til you retire. Super easy! Don’t be scared!

17. February 8, 2012 at 6:26 am

You’ve reminded me that I need to update my yearly goals – since the purchase of my car, my direction has changed.

It looks like you’re doing great!

18. February 8, 2012 at 6:24 am

I keep forgetting to ask about the surgery!!!!!!! How was it?? What was it called again? Not Lasik, right? You are rocking your goals my friend!!

• February 8, 2012 at 7:52 am

Custom Wavefront PRK. I have a whole post on it, but it’s sitting in my drafts. It was awesome! a bit painful the first two days but totally worth it!

19. February 8, 2012 at 6:15 am

Wow you’re doing good!

And I can’t wait until you go on your honeymoon, you guys deserve it!

20. February 8, 2012 at 6:14 am

6 out of 9 January goals – you’re doing really well!

And I’m very impressed you’ve knocked out so many of your yearly goals already.

Great job!

21. February 8, 2012 at 4:25 am

Those are some great goals and I love to see how many of your January goals were achieved, even though they sounded rather big and menacing. I need to model my goals after yours.