How I make extra money: April 2012

Every month, I keep track of how I make extra money. My goal for 2012 is to make $2,500 in side hustle income so we can finally go on a honeymoon and also attend our friend’s wedding in Cancun in October. All side hustle money is saved in a separate account, that will go toward travel expenses.

In January 2012, I made $515.41
In February 2012, I made $891.34
In March 2012, I made $636.26
In April 2012, I made $740.76

How I made extra money:

Blog advertising: $465.04
Staff writing for other blogs: $220
Mystery shopping: $307.79
Work Mileage: $62.02
Surveys: $3

TOTAL: $1057.85
Mystery Shop Fees: -242.09
Blog Fees: -$75
NET TOTAL: $740.76

My total for the year is $2783.77!! I met my goal for the year in four months!

This is absolutely nuts. I honestly am still shocked thinking about how I’ve been able to pull together this side hustle. I am obviously very happy with the outcome, and even if it were to completely stop tomorrow, I’d still be happy with how much I’ve accomplished.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestGoogle+Share on LinkedInEmail to someone

20 thoughts on “How I make extra money: April 2012

1. Rob
    August 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Just currious but where does your advertising come from? Do they contact you, are you part of a group?

Noticed you made almost nothing from Adsense, interesting

Thanks rob

2. May 1, 2012 at 2:41 pm

oh wow lady…you are doing great…congrats!

3. Liquid
    May 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Nice, that’s quite a lot of side income. I have a part time job that brings in some extra money each month as well.

4. May 1, 2012 at 4:24 am

That is awesome! Good job. Are you going to raise the bar for the rest of the year? Keep it going. That’s a very nice side hustle you got.

5. Emily
    April 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I hope you are booking plane tickets pronto to celebrate Eric’s recovery & being married!!!

6. April 30, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Congrats on reaching your goal for the year in only 4 months, that’s so awesome. So, now that you’ve killed it, are you going to shoot for $10,000 for this year?

7. April 30, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Baller!!! I need to get on this in the summer for reals.

8. April 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm

AH! Awesome girl! Way! To! Go!

9. April 30, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Congratulations, this is inspiring! Will you create any new goals to maintain your side-hustle momentum?

10. April 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

This is awesome!!! Congrats! That’s a ton of money :) Were the mystery shop fees because you had to pay upfront? Interested to hear more about em. Also what types of shops did you do this month? I always get too lazy to do mystery shops!

11. April 30, 2012 at 10:42 am

Way to go!! Now that you have met your goal for the trip, what will your side hustle earnings go to next?

• May 30, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Of the panoply of website I’ve pored over this has the most vecairty.

12. April 30, 2012 at 10:13 am

Congratulations! You’ve done really well, bet you can’t wait for those trips!