How I make extra money: April 2012

sidehustle copy 300x150 How I make extra money: April 2012

Every month, I keep track of how I make extra money. My goal for 2012 is to make $2,500 in side hustle income so we can finally go on a honeymoon and also attend our friend’s wedding in Cancun in October. All side hustle money is saved in a separate account, that will go toward travel expenses.

In January 2012, I made $515.41
In February 2012, I made $891.34
In March 2012, I made $636.26
In April 2012, I made $740.76

How I made extra money:

Blog advertising: $465.04
Staff writing for other blogs: $220
Mystery shopping: $307.79
Work Mileage: $62.02
Surveys: $3

TOTAL: $1057.85
Mystery Shop Fees: -242.09
Blog Fees: -$75
NET TOTAL: $740.76

My total for the year is $2783.77!! I met my goal for the year in four months!

This is absolutely nuts. I honestly am still shocked thinking about how I’ve been able to pull together this side hustle. I am obviously very happy with the outcome, and even if it were to completely stop tomorrow, I’d still be happy with how much I’ve accomplished.

facebook How I make extra money: April 2012twitter How I make extra money: April 2012pinterest How I make extra money: April 2012google How I make extra money: April 2012linkedin How I make extra money: April 2012email How I make extra money: April 2012

20 thoughts on “How I make extra money: April 2012

1. Rob
    August 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Just currious but where does your advertising come from? Do they contact you, are you part of a group?

Noticed you made almost nothing from Adsense, interesting

Thanks rob

2. May 1, 2012 at 2:41 pm

oh wow lady…you are doing great…congrats!

3. Liquid
    May 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Nice, that’s quite a lot of side income. I have a part time job that brings in some extra money each month as well.

4. May 1, 2012 at 4:24 am

That is awesome! Good job. Are you going to raise the bar for the rest of the year? Keep it going. That’s a very nice side hustle you got.

5. Emily
    April 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I hope you are booking plane tickets pronto to celebrate Eric’s recovery & being married!!!

6. April 30, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Congrats on reaching your goal for the year in only 4 months, that’s so awesome. So, now that you’ve killed it, are you going to shoot for $10,000 for this year?

7. April 30, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Baller!!! I need to get on this in the summer for reals.

8. April 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm

AH! Awesome girl! Way! To! Go!

9. April 30, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Congratulations, this is inspiring! Will you create any new goals to maintain your side-hustle momentum?

10. April 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

This is awesome!!! Congrats! That’s a ton of money :) Were the mystery shop fees because you had to pay upfront? Interested to hear more about em. Also what types of shops did you do this month? I always get too lazy to do mystery shops!

11. April 30, 2012 at 10:42 am

Way to go!! Now that you have met your goal for the trip, what will your side hustle earnings go to next?

• May 30, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Of the panoply of website I’ve pored over this has the most vecairty.

12. April 30, 2012 at 10:13 am

Congratulations! You’ve done really well, bet you can’t wait for those trips!